When selecting a databasedatabase - A group of distributed instances for storing data. Each paid Astra database has at least three instances., you can view health metrics that include information regarding latency and throughput to the database. These metrics provide insights into the performance of the database and how workloads are distributed.
The Health tab displays for only databases on a paid tier. This capability is not available for databases running on the Free tier.
When viewing information about a database on the Health page, click the ellipsis next to the database name to view connection details.
- Open a browser, navigate to DataStax Astra, and log in.
- On the Databases page, select the database name to view details for.
Details for the database display on the Summary tab.
- To view health metrics for the database, select the Health tab.
- Select the time period and type of data to display in the health metrics for.
Data types to display include average, minimum, and maximum.
- Zoom in or out on the metrics, or click the time selector to change the period that metrics display for.
Metrics for the database display in the Grafana dashboard embedded in the DataStax Cloud console. To view more granular metrics, hover over a specific time in the graph. Read and write latencies display in nanoseconds.
- Select Cycle View Mode in the upper right corner.
This selection displays the cycle view.
- Press Esc.
- Select Share Dashboard in the upper right corner.
- Copy the URL.
- Paste the URL in a new browser tab or window to see the dashboard.
Updated 17 days ago