Although teammates can access your Astra database, it will not display in their list of available databases under My Databases in the DataStax Astra console.
- Open a browser, navigate to DataStax Astra, and log in.
- From the Databases page, under Actions, click the ellipsis (…) for the database you want to connect to and select Connection details.
- In the Connection Details window, click Download secure connect bundle to download the secure-connect-database_name.zip file.
This file contains the security certificates and credentials for your database.
Alternatively, you can right-click the Download credentials link, copy the link source, and then use a
curlcommand to download the secure-connect-database_name.zip file:
curl -L "<secure-connect-database_name-download-URL>" > <database_name>.zip
- Select Close to close the Connection Details window.
- Send the secure connect bundle to the teammate whom you want to grant access to your database.
Be careful when sharing connection details. Providing this information to another user grants them access to your Astra database and ownership capabilities, such as making modifications to the database.
- For security, delete downloaded connection credentials after sending them to your teammate.
Updated about a month ago
Your teammate can use one of the following methods to connect to your database:
|Connecting to databases using standalone CQLSH|
|Connecting to Astra databases using DataStax drivers|