- Open a browser, navigate to the DataStax Astra console, and log in.
- Click Create New Database.
- Select the service tier for your database.
You cannot change your compute size after creating your database creation. For paid tiers, you can add capacity units (CUs) to increase the storage size of the database for the selected service tier.
- Select your cloud provider:
There is no choice for the cloud provider for the Free tier.
- Select the region where you want to launch your database from the region menu.
- Define the database details:
The database name cannot be altered after the database is created. When entering a database name, use a meaningful name.
- Enter a name for the database.
- Enter the keyspace name where tables for the database will be created.
- Enter the name of the database user, which can be re-entered as the database user for additional databases. DataStax Astra forces all names to lowercase; enclose the name in quotes to preserve case or use special characters in the name.
Do not enter
cassandraas the username for the database. By default,
cassandrais reserved as the superuser.
- Enter a password for the database user.
- To view estimated costs for the database, select Per Minute or Per Month.
The estimates are calculated for when the database is running and parked.
- If creating your first database on a paid tier, select Enter Payment Details.
- Enter the required credit card information and associated billing details.
- Select Submit to save the entered billing information.
- Select Launch Database to create the database.
A message indicates the database creation start time and an estimated time to complete database creation.
An email is sent when database creation is complete, including a link to the database. Select View Database to view your database.
Updated 24 days ago