- In your DataStax Astra dashboard, select Add Database.
- Select your tier and plan based on your application needs. See Service tier options for a description of your plan options.
You cannot change your tier after creating your databasedatabase - A group of distributed instances for storing data. Each paid Astra database has at least three instances.. For paid tiers, you can increase your capacity unitcapacity unit - Represents three database instances grouped together with three replicas. (CUs) to increase the storage size of the database for the selected plan.
You can have only one Free database at a time.
- Select your cloud provider:
There is no choice for the cloud provider for the Free tier.
- Select the regionregion - A group of related nodes configured together within a database for replication purposes. A region is virtual datacenter hosted on your selected cloud provider. Using separate regions prevents transactions from being impacted by other workloads and lowers latency. Depending on the replication factor, data can be written to multiple regions. Regions cannot span physical locations. A region in Astra is the same concept as a "datacenter" in Apache Cassandra™ or DataStax Enterprise. where you want to launch your database from the region menu, which reflects the available regions based on your selected cloud provider.
You can preview estimated costs for the database Per Minute or Per Month. The estimates are calculated for when the database is running and parked.
- Select Configure to continue.
- Enter your database details:
- Database Name: Name your database something meaningful. The database name cannot be altered after the database is created. Use only alphanumeric characters; there is no character limit.
- Keyspace Name: Name your keyspacekeyspace - The defining container for replication, similar to a schema in a relational database. All tables belong to a keyspace. Each keyspace can contain as many as 200 tables. to reflect your data model. You can’t name your keyspace “dse” or “system”. Use only alphanumeric characters and no more than 48 total characters.
- Database Username: Your username should be useful. You can’t name your user
system. Use only alphanumeric characters and no more than 48 total characters. Astra forces usernames to lowercase; enclose the name in quotes to preserve case or use special characters in the name.
- Database Password: Make sure your password is secure. Use at least 8 alphanumeric characters. We recommend you use capital and lowercase letters along with numbers to keep your data safe. You must enter your database password again to confirm the password.
- Select Create Database.
- If you are creating your first database on a paid tier and you do not have a payment method available, enter and Save the required New Card information.
- Select Launch Database to create the database.
You are redirected to your Organization Dashboard. The new database and status is shown under Databases.
You will receive an email when your database creation is complete. Select the database name to manage or connect with your new database.
Updated 24 days ago